Sponsors

Immortal Martial Arts

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Eyesight During Match

Many new at sparring almost always ask the question - where to fix their sight during a sparring match. I know I have asked my instructors about this a lot when I first started. Should they look at the opponent's lower body in anticipation of a kick attack? Should they watch the eyes to get a sense of their fighting style? These questions show the importance of sight during a match.

Depending on the opponent, watch either the eyes or the attacking part of the lower body. Also, watch the posture and motion of the opponent. Reading movement in this way will help you discover your opponent's reaction. Excellent taekwondo athletes can see opponent's movements that occur in the periphery. They read muscular changes, make instant judgement, and react accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you've got produced in writing this article.I am hoping for the same in upcoming blog.
    Traditional Mixed Martial Arts in Illinois.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post.
    Best Martial Arts for Kids in Barrington, IL.

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors