Sponsors

Immortal Martial Arts

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Saving Energy

This topic is also something that I have asked my instructors a lot. During a sparring match, there are times when you need to conserve your energy especially if you don't have a good stamina to last the whole match.  The key is timing as in knowing when to attack and when to get away.

Good timing in attacks and counterattacks can help in conserving energy. To improve your timing, carefully observe your opponent's posture, stance, distance, habitual movements, and feints to gain an understanding of your opponent's attack methods and rhythms. Using variety of feints will create changes for attacks and induce attacks from your opponents. The more you know about your opponents, the better you will be able to time your attacks and counterattacks. So it is very important to develop the ability to read an opponent accurately.

1 comment:

  1. I’m impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you.Karate in Illinois for kidsYou might have earned millions of positive feedback from viewers.

    ReplyDelete

Sponsors